ISBA’s series of two-hour legal CPD seminars are designed for in-house lawyers and marketers who want to keep up-to-date on the changes in advertising legislation affecting their businesses.
The seminars are designed specifically for in-house lawyers and legal employees within ISBA member companies, however they are open to all ISBA members who need to keep up-to-date with changes in advertising and consumer legislation.
2017 Annual Review
06 December ¦ ISBA Offices, London ¦ Exclusive to ISBA Members
Our final legal seminar of the year will pull together all of the key developments over the past 12 months, including legal decisions impacting the industry, policy changes and relevant ASA adjudications, plus insights into what to look out for in 2018.
Lewis Silkin Annual Review Seminar 2017
• Influencers & Transparency: Latest developments regarding brand ambassador and online influencer transparency, including the application of the regulations to new social media platforms such as Instagram and Snap; also new rules protecting younger children re recognition of online advertising.
• Price Advertising: Impact of the new Pricing Practices Guide and various related ASA rulings, including the reversal of the ASA’s previous ruling concerning Amazon’s communication of delivery charges and decisions regarding dynamic pricing.
• Gender Stereotyping: The ASA’s study into gender stereotyping, as well as relevant ASA decisions and the new French laws concerning retouching photographing and using “size 0” models.
• Health Issues in advertising: including possible rule changes for e-cigarettes and changes to the rules on children’s food & drink advertising
• ASA Procedural Review: The outcomes of the Janet Paraskeva audit and insights on Independent Review procedure, including the ASA’s reversal of its adjudication against Oak FurnitureLand
• Other interesting ASA decisions: A review of the most complained about cases and other unusual cases on issues such as references to race in advertising, such as Paddy Power advert with Floyd Mayweather, and the ability of advertising to induce bullying; liability for affiliate marketing.
Date: 6 December 2017
Time: 14.00 - 16.00
Venue: ISBA Offices, 12 Henrietta Street, Covent Garden, London WC2E 8LH
Legal Seminars: run in conjunction with Lewis Silkin
The legal seminars make an eligible contribution towards lawyers' annual CPD requirements and are run in partnership with leading marketing law firm Lewis Silkin.
Lewis Silkin is based in the City with 53 partners and 134 lawyers in total. They are recognised experts in advertising and marketing law in all its forms, with a particular expertise in digital advertising and marketing.