Head of Public Policy
ISBA, the trade body representing UK brand advertisers, is recruiting for a new Head of Public Policy.
ISBA enables advertisers to understand their industry and shape their future by bringing together a powerful community of marketers with common interests. We provide knowledge and insight to our members, and speak with one voice on their behalf as we advocate for the improvement of our industry.
Our goal is to create an advertising environment that is transparent, responsible, and accountable – one that can be trusted by the public, advertisers, and legislators.
This role sits in our Public Policy team and will report to the Director of Public Policy. Its purpose is twofold:
- to work on ISBA’s approach to key policy issues, enabling us to take leadership positions on the subjects which matter most to our members; and
- to support on translating those positions into public affairs activity, developing clear messaging for policymakers and regulators which lets us fulfil our key role of advocating for necessary change.
The holder of this post will bring political knowledge, communications nous, and a collaborative way of working, in order to support ISBA colleagues in delivering our organisational goals.
This role will:
- Develop, lead, and deliver ISBA’s public policy engagement with Westminster, devolved administrations, and regions.
- Give strategic advice on public affairs activity related to relevant legislation.
- Lead on ISBA’s regulatory affairs with non-governmental bodies (ICO, etc).
- Manage ISBA’s response to consultations run by parliamentary, regulatory, and other relevant bodies.
- Support in the running of our Strategic Policy Action Group – one of our member-led working groups – by helping to set a strong and relevant agenda.
- Help to ensure effective representation of ISBA externally with media, industry, and wider stakeholders where relevant, working with our Communications team.
- Support the Communications team in engaging with political media, drafting opinion pieces, and writing copy.
- Develop, deliver, and update public policy content for the ISBA website, as well as membership and public affairs collateral.
- Attend other trades bodies’ working groups and meetings on behalf of ISBA as required.
- Work with the Director of Membership and Business Development to engage and grow ISBA membership.
- Deputise for the Director of Public Policy as appropriate.
- Deputise on EU and trade body liaison, including the World Federation of Advertisers.
Location: ISBA’s head office is located in Covent Garden. Flexible working arrangements are available.
How to apply:
Please submit a CV and cover letter setting out why you believe you are right for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Sunday 20 June.
Please refer to the person specification form.
We aim to shortlist and inform candidates whether they have been successful by Wednesday 23 June.
Unless in exceptional circumstances, interviews will take place on Thursday 1 and Friday 2 July.