Data from 16,500+ professionals will reveal UK advertising’s DNA in biggest ever study of industry’s workforce.
The results of UK Advertising’s first industry-wide survey, the All In Census, created by the Advertising Association, IPA, ISBA and Kantar will be revealed on June 10 at a special online event – the All In Summit. The All In Census has gathered comprehensive data from over 16,500 advertising and marketing professionals and will provide new insights on the make-up of the UK advertising’s workforce plus data to benchmark progress from.
As All In’s research partner, Kantar, completes its review of the Census results, the All In Campaign team has estimated the time spent completing the Census by the industry equates to a value of more than £500,000, creating a truly unique and valuable representation of the industry. It will provide the most comprehensive industry-level data to date for key areas of interest including:
- How ethnicity is represented across all levels of the industry’s teams, from entry-level through to leadership
- The representation of different abilities including mental health and wellbeing levels (arising from the pandemic)
- How social mobility features in our profession
- The gender balance and pay-levels across the workforce to leadership level
- Structure of age levels across all levels of the industry
- People’s lived experiences at work, both good and bad
The All In Summit will also see the launch of the first phase of the All In Action Plan where the Advertising Association’s Inclusion Working Group will set out three big areas of focus for the industry to achieve greater inclusivity, plus a roadmap for additional actions during 2021 and 2022. This roadmap will recognise and account for further areas for the industry to address to build a workplace where everyone feels they belong.
Speakers will include:
- Kathryn Jacobs, Chair, Inclusion Working Group and CEO, Pearl & Dean
- Dean Aragon, CEO & Global VP Brand, Shell Brands International
- Marianne Waite, Director of Inclusive Design, Interbrand and Founder, Think Designable
- Samantha Renke, Actor and Disability Activist
- James Hillhouse, Co-Founder, Commercial Break
- Julian Douglas, International CEO & Vice Chairman, VCCP and President, IPA
The event will include live captioning throughout and is free of charge to AA, IPA and ISBA members and just £25 for non-members.
Book tickets for the All In Summit here
The All In Campaign is a collaboration between the Advertising Association, IPA and ISBA to improve representation and inclusion in the UK advertising industry, with the aim of creating a workplace where everyone feels they belong.
 Based on 30 mins time of each person completing the Census, billed at an average rate of £80 per hour.