In this webinar, Brinsley Dresden, Partner and Head of Advertising Law at Lewis Silkin will review the most significant developments in UK advertising law and regulation over the last 12 months.
What will be covered:
• Environmental Claims: Is the developing concept of ‘misleading omissions’ turning all claims into greenwashing?
• The New Advertising Standards Authority Strategy for 5 years from 2024 – what is going to be on their agenda?
• Drop the Pilot: Understanding the ASA’s Final Report on their Intermediary and Platform Principles Pilot – Do overseas advertisers now have to comply with the CAP Code?
• Regulated sectors: From Particular Appeal to Strong Appeal – how is the new test affecting gambling and alcohol advertising?
• The Digital Markets, Competition and Consumers Bill – how will it impact advertisers?
Who is this session aimed at?
• In house legal at major brands.
• Compliance and Regulatory Affairs professionals.
• Marketing professionals
What will you gain by attending?
Members will gain an insight into the ASA's thinking over the last 12 months and what lies ahead for 2024.
Brinsley Dresden, Partner, Head of Advertising & Marketing Law, Lewis Silkin LLP
Brinsley is a leading advertising and marketing lawyer, ranked in Band 1 by Chambers & Partners and in the Legal 500 Hall of Fame 2022. Chambers Directory 2022 quotes his clients as saying "Brinsley has an excellent business mind and is always providing a useful recommendation on how to move forward. He is also always is one step ahead informing on the latest legal news on the market." "He argues his client's corner well."