Cause related marketing is increasingly important for brands as they embrace ESG issues. In this session, we will consider the legal and regulatory considerations when your brand wants to partner with a charity or raise money for a good cause.
- A review of the relevant law and regulation, including the Charities Act, the Consumer Protection Regulations, the CAP Code and the Funding Regulator’s Code of Practice.
- What is a Commercial Participators Agreement, why do you need one and what should it contain?
- Charity linked win-a-house promotions: Are there reputational risks for charities?
- Case Studies: where have brand owners gone wrong, and why?
Who is this aimed at?
- In-house legal at brands and charities.
- Compliance and Regulatory Affairs professionals.
- Marketing professionals.
What will you gain by attending:
An understanding of the applicable law and regulation and the documentation that is required when a company raises money for charity.
We will also look at case studies of brand owners who’ve tripped up, and the reputational damage that they have suffered as a result.
Brinsley Dresden, Partner, Head of Advertising & Marketing Sector Focus Group, Lewis Silkin LLP
Brinsley is a leading advertising and marketing lawyer, ranked in Band 1 by Chambers & Partners and in the Legal 500 Hall of Fame 2022. Chambers Directory 2022 quotes his clients as saying "Brinsley has an excellent business mind and is always providing a useful recommendation on how to move forward. He is also always is one step ahead informing on the latest legal news on the market." "He argues his client's corner well."